The original Japanese organic matcha. Three generations of the Ishikawa family have grown tea on their estate since 19XX. They use no pesticides, no herbicides, and only use natural organic fertilizers.
The 2019 edition of Ishikawa’s Organic Matcha tastes refreshing, grassy, and smooth. The matcha is perfect at all times of the day working as a morning wake up or pairing with a sweet at afternoon teatime. It is great for both cold and hot, usucha (thin) and koicha (thick). This matcha tastes amazing drinking itself or in a latte with the milk of your choice.
Have you really tried Organic Matcha if you’ve not tasted it from the estate where it all began?
Forestry and Fisheries Award 1962
Grand Gold 2007
Forestry and Fisheries Award 1967
Prime Minister's Award 2008
Forestry and Fisheries Award 1986
Forestry and Fisheries Award 2002
Forestry and Fisheries Award 2012
Forestry and Fisheries Award 2007
Forestry and Fisheries Award 2017
First Estate Certified for Producing Organic Matcha in Japan
The Ishikawa Estate
- Their beautiful farm is located on the mountain where the elevation is 650 meters (2,133 feet) above sea level.
- The high elevation lands are greatly suitable to produce organic tea because all the insects cannot survive during cold winter.
- The leaves are shaded during their last few weeks of growth, which makes tea that has a lot of umami and are not very astringency.
Origin: Toyota, Aichi Prefecture JAPAN
Farmer: Ishikawa Family
Roast: 106℃ 10min
Tasting Note: Refreshing, Grassy, Smooth
Net weight: 40g (1.4 oz)
- Shift 1 teaspoon (2g) using sieve
- Pour 2oz/60ml, 180ºF/80ºC of hot water into the matcha bowl
- Move the matcha whisk (chasen) in “M” motion until the surface froths, about 15 second.
Storage Instructions: Please refrigerate matcha in an airtight container after opening