Ishikawa Matcha is the original Japanese organic matcha. Three generations of the Ishikawa family have farmed on their estate since 1933. They use no pesticides, no herbicides, and only use natural organic fertilizers.
The 2019 edition of Ishikawa tastes refreshing, grassy, and smooth. The matcha is perfect at all times of the day due to it working as a morning wake up or pairing with a sweet at afternoon teatime. It is great for both cold and hot, usucha (thin) and koicha (thick). This matcha tastes amazing drinking itself or in a latte with the milk of your choice.
Have you really tried Organic Matcha if you’ve not tasted it from the estate where it all began?
First Certified for Producing Organic Matcha in Japan
The Ishikawa Matcha Estate
- The beautiful Ishikawa Matcha farm is located on a mountain at the elevation of 650 meters (2,133 feet) above sea level.
- The high elevation is very suitable to produce organic tea because all the insects cannot survive during cold winter.
- The matcha leaves are shaded during their last few weeks of growth, which makes tea that has a lot of umami and are not very astringency.
Origin: Toyota, Aichi Prefecture JAPAN
Farmer: Ishikawa Family
Harvested Date: June 2, 2019
Roast: 180℃ (356 ℉) 40min
Tasting Note: Refreshing, Grassy, Smooth
Net weight: 40g (1.4 oz)
- Sift 1 teaspoon (2g) using sieve
- Pour 2oz/60ml, 180ºF/80ºC of hot water into the matcha bowl
- Move the matcha whisk (chasen) in “M” motion until the surface froths, about 15 second.
Storage Instructions: Please refrigerate Ishikawa Matcha in an airtight container after opening so as to prevent oxidation.