This is the first time Taruwaki Estate Green Tea has been sold in the United States! Taruwaki Estate Yabukita is organic single origin sencha from Shizuoka, Japan. Shizuoka is the largest tea growing region in Japan. Shizuoka accounts for 40% of Japan’s overall tea production. More than 70 percent of green tea cultivars that are cultivated in Japan is Yabukita. However, these Yabukita is usually blended with different cultivars or different estates to make tea. It is very rare to taste organic single origin Yabukita. Taruwaki Estate is the first organic tea farm in Shizuoka prefecture Japan. The two generations of Taruwaki family has started farming since 1988. His farm has not used any chemical fertilizer and pesticides since 2002.
Try the first certified organic sencha from Shizuoka, Japan!
CERTIFIED ORGANIC - SINGLE ORIGIN - YABUKITA GREEN TEA
The Taruwaki Estate
- Taruwaki Estate is located in Kawane area of Shizuoka Prefecture in Japan, which is about 630 meter above sea level.
- Approximately more than 90% of the town area has been occupied by the forests and mountains.
- It is located in the upper reach of Oi River and the entrance of the Southern alps. The high elevation and mist from the mountains makes a high quality of tea.
Origin: Kawane, Shizuoka Prefecture JAPAN
Farmer: Taruwaki Family
Harvested Date: May 17, 2019
Altitude: 630 meters
Roast: 70℃ (158 ℉) 30min
Tasting Note: Refreshing, Smooth, Umami
Net weight: 50g (1.7oz)
- If you have not opened the bag of tea, please keep the bag of tea in a dark and cool place. If you are going to keep the bag without opening for a long time, I recommend you to put the bag in the freezer. When you use the tea leaves from freezer, please make sure allow them warm up to room temperature before brewing.
- After you opened the bag, please keep the bag of tea in a dark and cool place.
Great for 2 infusions
- Add 1 Tablespoon (5g) of tea leaves in the teapot.
- Pour 12 oz / 360 ml (1. 25 cup), 160 ºF/72ºC of hot water into the teapot.
- Brew for 3 minutes
※Umami flavors from amino acids will be extracted from the first cup. If you want to enjoy a second cup of tea, please make sure the lid of the teapot is removed after pouring the first cup.
※If you do not have a electric kettle that can set the correct temperature, you can boil water in the kettle or pot and put 2-3 ice cube. This should get you close to 160 ºF/72ºC hot water.
- Pour 160 ºF/72ºC of hot water into the teapot
- Wait for 15 seconds
※Astringent flavors from catechins will be extracted from the second cup. Catechins are a type of natural phenol and antioxidant.